the fergusons

the fergusons
me, levi, and azariah

Friday, September 3, 2010

wal-mart+azariah dancing in a cart+flat tire=JOY???

"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."-James 1:2-4

"Consider it joy" ? what? hummmmmmmm.... I don't know what kind of situations he was talking about. He definitely must not have gone through the things I have been through. How in the world can he tell us to have joy when our nature is to be upset, angry, anxious, frustrated, and even depressed? well, this guy did in fact go through probably more than I will have to. He knew a thing or to about trials and tribulations.
    Wal-Mart was great. We bought some cool stuff: a new rug for our living room, some socks, a backpack, and I got two cool new nail polishes (tahitian green-which i am applying right now, and gray!). It was a pretty good day. Date night (with Azariah) at Olive Garden and we were just hanging out. UGH. Flat tire. What??? What next ? That was my exact first thought. If anyone knows us, you know how unreliable our car has been since we have moved here to the hot state of Dallas. haha. This was just the icing on the cake of what has been a majorly rough start in a new life.
    Why? I ask myself that just about everyday. Levi, Azariah, and myself have experienced so many obstacles, so many hardships already since we have been here. Needless to say we have been discouraged during these times. I even had a severe anxiety attack just this week! For whatever reason it seems we have been attacked on every side! Are we living in sin? Did we do something wrong? Are we just cursed or unlucky? Does God not love us?NO, i don't believe any of those
    "..."For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
   It says nothing. We are caught in God's love-trap and we can't be taken out of it. How amazing is that? Paul said it best,
"...we are afflict in every way, but not crushed; perplexed but not despairing; persecuted but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed..."
     Now if any 'man' knew troubles, it was Paul. How many times did he endure persecution at the hands of the people he was trying to witness to? How many times was he stoned only to get up and do it all over again? How many times was he jailed, and being in man's bondage, was able to still praise the Lord? Who was shipwrecked and THEN bitten by a poisonous snake only to show God's glory. Who was deserted by his own helper. Who was lied about slandered and everything else we can think of. But he pressed on. He kept going. The Lord gave him specific instructions of what he was to do and all the hardships he would face (ACTS 9). And he did it. He walked through the fire for the glory of God. He didn't do it to boast in himself but to boast in the saving grace of Jesus Christ!
     So, I found myself thinking about all these things on the drive back home and all I could remind myself was the word, 'rejoice.' "REJOICE Tiiara because this isn't about you or Levi or all the troubles you've had and all the frustrations you've faced. It's about bringing God glory. You are here for His service in Dallas and His delight is in your praise. SO...praise Him." So right then I just started thanking God for allowing us to go through another obstacle and for His amazing grace that saved me. My heart was full of joy.
     "Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say rejoice!"
Now I know what the disciples felt as they were enduring hardships and persecutions in the book of Acts.
    It's not easy and I'm definitely not the best person to tell someone else to be 'joyful' in tough times but God is doing a work in me and it was evident tonight. Where usually I would be so upset and burdened with the situation, I actually obeyed God's word and now it's just a medal of His glory in my life. One day He will get all the glory for this testimony! And that alone is freeing! AMEN!
     "And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us."

Thank you Lord for Your Word that builds character. Make me the person you want me to be.
Goodnight all. Be encouraged.
tiiara

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
dallas, tx
i am 25 years old and there are a lot of things i want to do but there are so many things i have already done. I love God with all my heart and i'm not afraid to live for Him. I was saved at 4 years old and have lived my life for Him ever since. i have travelled all over the world and wouldn't mind going again. i am married to an amazing man who loves God and inspires me every single day to love more. I am a mommy to the most beautiful, smart, and unique little girl in the world. i love her so much! she makes me feel as if i have a purpose.Life isn't easy but it is a gift. and for that. i am thankful. i am seen as shy until you get to know me. i have a big heart and a sensitive soul. i wrestle with the evil of this world and wondering if any good still exists.