the fergusons

the fergusons
me, levi, and azariah

Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Father's Letter

For my wonderful husband and father to our darling baby girl, I wrote a little letter of what it might feel like to be a dad writing to his little girl (hence Levi writing to Azariah). I know this probably doesn't touch on what men really feel, but i just took what I saw Levi do and tried to put them into words. Here's to you Levi for loving your family endlessly and tirelessly.

My little angel,
I have loved you from the moment I knew you were mine.
I was full of fear and expanded with excitement to meet you, to hold you, to talk to you, and take care of you.
You are finally here! and how small you are!
You are so perfect;
You are so beautiful.
You are....mine.
My heart weeps of  joy and sweet relief.
What a blessing God has given today.
You fit so perfectly in my arms like you were made for them.
Now this is real! It doesn't feel real yet...maybe it will soon.
Let me drink this amazing moment in.
I cannot believe you were a part of me. 
I can't believe God gave you to me.
I am not a perfect man; there are so many things I have yet to learn,
But I promise to God to try and that I will love you with all I have all my days.
I will teach you right from wrong.
I will bandage your wounds when you get hurt.
I will try to comfort you through your pain.
I will try to protect you from the danger that lurks around every corner.
I will help you along in your journey and support you in all you do.
I want to see you grow into a beautiful woman.
You are my baby girl.
My heart is so full.
I will be the father I never knew, nor was able to have.
I will shower you with a million kisses everyday even if you don't want them.
I will get frustrated when you upset me and correct you when you are wrong.
How I melt when you reach out for me.
You light up my soul when you look up to give me a kiss.
I can't believe you are a part of me. I believe we are a lot alike.
You will always be loved.
The Lord will always take good care of you, but for now He is letting me steal a little time.
You are so beautiful, like your momma.
I pray I can be the father God wants me to be...
I know I'll mess up.
But I'll still be there, giving you my all, all the days of my life.
You are the joy of my life.
Looking at you, I see a glimpse of heaven.
God shows me heaven in your heart and beauty.
You are my little angel.
You are my sweetheart.
My baby.
You will always be my girl.                                                     
Love always,
Daddy


Thank you Levi for all you do. This was just a little something for you on this special day and everyday. You are a great dad and I know Azariah is so blessed to have you as her Daddy. 
Love you.
Your other girl.
Tiiara  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
dallas, tx
i am 25 years old and there are a lot of things i want to do but there are so many things i have already done. I love God with all my heart and i'm not afraid to live for Him. I was saved at 4 years old and have lived my life for Him ever since. i have travelled all over the world and wouldn't mind going again. i am married to an amazing man who loves God and inspires me every single day to love more. I am a mommy to the most beautiful, smart, and unique little girl in the world. i love her so much! she makes me feel as if i have a purpose.Life isn't easy but it is a gift. and for that. i am thankful. i am seen as shy until you get to know me. i have a big heart and a sensitive soul. i wrestle with the evil of this world and wondering if any good still exists.