the fergusons

the fergusons
me, levi, and azariah

Thursday, December 30, 2010

RaInDrOps on my heart

                                      "After the Rain"- Aaron Jeoffrey

                             {This was the only video I could find of this song...just listen to the words!!)

I cover my heart/ turn from the wind/ button my coat/ here comes the storm again/ what can I do but trust in Him
'Cause I know the deeper my faith runs/ the stronger I become/ and the thunder it may shake me/ but I always know that

After the rain/ you can look to the sky again/ the clouds will give way/ to the light of the sun/ after the rain/ you know that you've made it through/ and you'll finally see the joy from the pain/ after the rain

Everyone needs/ everyone hurts/ everyone feels/ the weight of the world sometimes/ but don't let the wind sweep your heart away
'Cause even the roughtest waters cleanse/ so when they come again/ let them serve as a reminder/ you can always know that

After the rain/ you can look to the sky again/ the clouds will give way/ to the light of the sun/ after the rain/ you know that you've made it through/ and you'll finally see the joy from the pain/ after the rain

Can't you see the hand of Jesus/ reaching out for you/ you never have to face the storm alone
{chorus}


Nostalgia. always takes you back to another time and place, sometimes a feeling, even a smell can trigger the most vivid memories we lock deep down inside.

Wow! I cannot believe that song came to my mind the other night! It has been too long since I heard it. Such memories that flooded my mind as I began to listen to the words all over again. I listened to this song during a very painful and confusing time in my life. I wasn't who I wanted to be...wasn't where I thought I would be...I let people down...I lost my first love...I had been crushed by betrayal of relationships and slandered...people just walking away from me...my heart was in a million pieces and I had no way of knowing how to put them back together again.

So many things happen in our lives are unbearable and explainable; hard to chew and swallow. Well, life won't stop or slow down for us to figure out all these things. It (life) must keep going and so must we. Somehow we have to find the strength and perserverance to make it through. For some, it's in another relationship, a hobby, getting lost in a drink or a high. For others, it may be finding a way out...any way. I myself after this period tried to find a way out...sitting on a railroad waiting for the train to come. Lowest point of my life. And sadly, many don't even know what that pain led me to...attempted suicide. My life has been filled with confusion, with loss, with pure pain. But God's AMAZING grace held my quivering hand and pulled me up time and time again. I was clinging but I was still there.JESUS saved me and He is the only one who can put broken things back together...not like the things we fix with glue or tape...things that will eventually break again. He mends it and remakes it as NEW. WE have a new life!  (Col. 3) Not that I will ever forget what happened to me but I will remember and be thankful that God was able to heal something I thought was unmendable and that would eventually kill me. 
 He is showing me the beauty that surrounds me everyday....and it is BEAUTYful. My Jesus, my life, my husband, my beautiful and sweet baby, being a wife, a mommy, being surrounded by new friends, a new job...making lifetime memories.
LEAVE it...There's a reason your past is the past!
ACCEPT it...You are in a new season in life
EMBRACE it...Be thankful where God has you and all He has graciously given
EXPECT it...There is a purpose for your life if you are willing to truly surrender your heart and life to Him
ENJOY it...You only have one life. make it count. there is a lost world out there waiting to receive the life that you have.


This is just another firefly to stick in the jar.


I love you..I love my Jesus. I love my family. Hold on just a little bit longer. It will be alright.
Love,
tiiara

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
dallas, tx
i am 25 years old and there are a lot of things i want to do but there are so many things i have already done. I love God with all my heart and i'm not afraid to live for Him. I was saved at 4 years old and have lived my life for Him ever since. i have travelled all over the world and wouldn't mind going again. i am married to an amazing man who loves God and inspires me every single day to love more. I am a mommy to the most beautiful, smart, and unique little girl in the world. i love her so much! she makes me feel as if i have a purpose.Life isn't easy but it is a gift. and for that. i am thankful. i am seen as shy until you get to know me. i have a big heart and a sensitive soul. i wrestle with the evil of this world and wondering if any good still exists.